Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Camry LE 4 cyl that I drove to work yesterday. I parked on an incline with the front end up. The gas gauge appeared low at 3 PM when I sat in the car with it idling. It died and I thought it was out of gas. I coasted the car to a flat surface and put 5 gallons of gas in it. It will turn over but not start now. I have checked the fuse box under the hood and next to the drivers knee (is there a 3rd location with fuel injector fuse?). I also removed the fuel line between the filter and injection system right above the filter. When I turned it over gas sprayed out. It seems gas is arriving at least that far. I am broke and am not sure if there is any other simple remedies available to try. I have not had any problems at all up to this point. Car turns over but just won't start. Can you get vapor lock in a fuel injected car?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am not getting any spark. the timing belt is not broken though. (had the flu pretty bad and hadn't seen the posts... thanks) is there an igniter on this car? saw term in another post.
thanks again

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Try switching the ac relay with the EFI relay under the hood above the left fender. If it starts then replace the EFI relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont see an AC relay in the same compartment as the EFI relay. There is an AC relay in the box just above but it does not have the same plug configuration as the EFI relay. These boxes are both located in the engine comparment front drivers side. Are EFI relays expensive?

thanks again so much for all your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts