Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
I dont know if the power supply is there for the seats. You may have to rig up some kind of wiring so you can get power from teh fuse box to the seats. BUt that shouldnt be to hard. Just make sure it is fused and you should be fine.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4 Sedan
1,232 Posts
I'll bet there is already the appropriate wiring harness under your seat or under the rug under the seat. It's easier to build all the harnesses the same then just plug in what needs to get plugged in. Looking at the diagram in the manual, it looks also like you MAY have to add a 7.5 amp fuse in postion #2 in junction block #2. Check this out for yourself, though. I'm just reading the shop manual. My '93 has manual cloth seats.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
I did that and ran wire back to to the main fuse box. When I got the seats, I got it with both the male/female plug and wires were clipped. $250 for seats and side panels is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
I did this mod quite a while back, from the plugs you have to figure out, there are three wires you need to concerned about I believe..Good ol + & -. The other set was the seat belt which I spliced onto the old wire as the plugs were not the same. I share neg with the power seats. I did a 94 into a 93 swap.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
worse come to worste, just run a line from your battery, fuse it, and then do it that way, and then just find a local grounding point around the seat area

but regardless, to get a constant power supply that's enough to power the seats, you'll have to get something from the enginebay

or you could splice into your audio pwoer cable, if you're running an after market amp...

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Eye8...there was a fuse link for power seats in mine even though I originally didnt have power seats. I jumped from there.
There was no wiring down to the drivers seat for power seats but since I had carpet and center console off, I ran wire through there.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
amerikim said:
Eye8...there was a fuse link for power seats in mine even though I originally didnt have power seats. I jumped from there.
There was no wiring down to the drivers seat for power seats but since I had carpet and center console off, I ran wire through there.

really? well, that made it a lot simpler than :thumbup:

I wonder if all the cars are prewired....hmmm...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.