Toyota Nation Forum banner

Shall I stick with the familiar 90's, or upgrade to the 2000's?

• If you can find a 90's sleeper in good condition, grab it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move into the 21st century already. You won't regret it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the Camry forums as a guest for about 15 years. I own two 92/93 Camry wagons, one of which I gifted to my daughter. My own daily driver was pretty abused before I bought her 5 years ago. For the last 2, she's been struggling with tranny issues, so I've just beed driving her into the ground. Well, the water pump went out on the highway in a one lane construction zone where we couldn't pull over (of course) and now she is dead. Technically, she is mostly dead, but just can't justify the extensive work needed. I just saw another, with less than 90kiles, sell for $3500 on ebay, so I guess they are still some rare beauties out there. I am REALLY going to miss the power of her 3vz fe and the looks I got every time I mentioned that it has 2 radiator caps. 馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶

What do you think? For my new used replacement purchase, should I upgrade to the 2000's, or is a 90s Corolla or Camry with <150k miles for <$1000 still a steal of a deal?

Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
Both being used are gonna need some attention so go with what you like and fits your budget both for purchase and maintenance. The year really doesn't matter unless there is a specific luxury the newer model may have that you want.

Banned
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
If they treat you well, keep them. If they don't and only give you issues, you have to decide if you want to pay to repair it even if it is not worth it but that worth is up to you and only you no matter how much people say it's a waste of money. New car, new issues, old car, potential new issues.

Administrator
Well, the water pump went out on the highway in a one lane construction zone where we couldn't pull over (of course) and now she is dead.
I鈥檓 guessing it overheated and now it鈥檚 showing symptoms of a blown head gasket? That鈥檚 a shame. If not, throw a new timing belt and water pump on it and keep driving it!

Administrator
For a DIY鈥檈r, it鈥檚 not expensive to replace head gaskets. Just a lot of labor, which makes it expensive to have a shop do it. If you鈥檙e inclined, post a for sale ad here on our site. Somebody might wanna buy it.

Reactions: sdspeed
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.