Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what motor will fit in my 93 corolla without any major modifcations and if it does what needs to been done to complete the process. How much should I pay for a motor and where can I get one from or what car do they come out of. I have heard something about a 4A-GZE But what is the best one I wanna be able to show those Acura,hondas what these little cars can do. Right now all I have is a 1.6 with a manual trans, does it make a difference by have the manual trans. Just hit me up and let me know I'm a begginer to all this.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
easiest two are the 4agze, and the 4age 20V. 20V is a more fun way to go, but expensive, and definitely a bad choice for a daily driver, because if something breaks, u generally hafta get teh part from japan, because the engine was never available here.

gze on the other hand is supercharged, and can be fun too. This is better for a daily driven car because u can get parts easily. It also has more potential for less money, because it's already boosted.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
any 4A will bolt straight in, but will need some electrical work. Your best bet would be to go and get a half-cut so you get a complete loom for the engine. If you go and get a half-cut, the best one's to get to match up with your car is the AE101 Levin.

The AE101 Levin GT-Z has the 4A-GZE supercharged 16v 1.6L in it, and the other one (not too sure of the model) has the 20v 4A-GE in it.

As for the 20v not being a daily driver, it should be fine, as most, if not all of the bottom end is interchangable with the 4A-FE (which you have in yours atm). I use my rolla with a 20v as a daily driver, no problem. If you do end up getting the AE101 4A-GZE tho, most of those parts are imported too. But, like the 20v, the bottom end is interchangable with the 4A-FE (except the pistons, which are forged)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now my question is where can I buy one of these engines, can you get them from a engine shop or do you have to get them from a car and if so what cars do the come out of and it might sound stupid but what do you exaclly mean by a half cut. thanks guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not too sure on where to get the motors but half-cut is when you get the front clip of the car usually with all the engine bay still intact and the ECU...

·
Registered
136 Posts
check with auto recycler's they can usually special order one for you. but depending where you are, their are shops that specialize in importing japanese engines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts