Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again My dash lights are giveing me fits they do not come on at all no insturment panel lights no heater control lights the only thing that lights up in the interior is the clock and the dome light i checked all the fuses and there all good any insight?

·
2005ToyotaCorollaS
05 Toyota Corolla S
413 Posts
that def sounds like a fuse.... how are u checking the fuses... I would pull that fuse that says soemthing like Gauges, or interior illumation and visally instpect and make sure that the fuse is not broken, I have had that happen it didnt blow at all jsut came speprated

D

·
IROC-IT-ALL-NIGHT-LONG
1995 Corolla
348 Posts
The dome and clock are on the same fuse in the 93-97 as far as I know.

Check your manual to see which fuses go to your instrument cluster and check them, pull em out, visually inspect, and test with a ohmmeter/voltmeter/meter device thingamabob, basically test the fuse outside of the fuse box on a device to see if there is any electric flow through it, looks can be deceiving.

If it is still good, then perhaps it's time to test some wires! YAY!-sarcasm. Test to see if you have current running through the wires to the fuse(before fuse) and fromt he fuse to the instrument cluster(after fuse). Turn the ignition on and all, when doing this, but take the extra precaution to make sure you don't accidentally shock yourself.

If you get electric flow from any where past the fuse, and it still won't light up, check the instrument panel itself.

That's all I can think of. Hope it isn't a big problem.

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
Dumb answer I know, but you wouldn't believe how many people find the dimmer knob has somehow gotten turned all the way down.

G

·
0 Posts
Dave's said:
Dumb answer I know, but you wouldn't believe how many people find the dimmer knob has somehow gotten turned all the way down.
ha ha ha, I'm guilty of that

·
IROC-IT-ALL-NIGHT-LONG
1995 Corolla
348 Posts
Dimmer knob, man, that's like forgetting to put gas in your car when you wonder why it won't start!!!

Fuses are good...hmm. Could be the cluster itself then. I would take a look for info concentrated on it.

·
2005ToyotaCorollaS
05 Toyota Corolla S
413 Posts
dakmor said:
Dimmer knob, man, that's like forgetting to put gas in your car when you wonder why it won't start!!!

Fuses are good...hmm. Could be the cluster itself then. I would take a look for info concentrated on it.
He said I think his whole dash doesnt light up ac panel, and the rest of the stuff... if the fuse it good then maybe could be a cooked wire

D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i doublechecked all the fuses with a dmm and all came back good i also pulled the cluster to and checked all the bulbs i see no burnt wireing i cleaned the contacts on the cluster and yes i checked the dimmer lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys i figured it out turns out if the vehilcle speed sensor isnt hooked up ur dash lights will not work my speedo didnt work so i figured it was bad but the guy i got it from just had a clutch put in well i guess the micanic that put it in left the plug undone so all it well not ty for ur help and advice

·
IROC-IT-ALL-NIGHT-LONG
1995 Corolla
348 Posts
Your welcome and all.

Glad to help share knowledge anyway.

The dash lights won't work if you disconnect a speed sensor? What??? Sound sreally odd. Oh well. Must be a safety feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts