Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Celica GT and the sunroof does not operate at all, I can not hear any noises from the sunroof motor and cannot find power to any of the wires going into the motor itself. I have a owners manual from a 1990 Celica and have checked the fuse it says is for the sunroof at the drivers side kick panel and it is good but I am not sure it is the right one. I cannot find any blown fuses ( although I don't know that I've found them all yet:lol: ) are there any relays for the sunroof or is there anything else I can check. I have even tried a different sunroof motor that is known to be good and it still does not work. Any suggestions would be a great help

Best regards,
Kurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Sun roof could be out of alingment, Causeing it to bind instead of opening. This could also cause the motor to burn up.
Ive had some problems with my 85, It wouldnt close all the way. So I just sprayed some lube in there and It works fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sunroof opens easily when done manually but I will lube the track as you suggest anyway. I really hope I can get this thing working as up here we only get about 5 days of summer and it would be nice to hit the button and open the top up.

Thanks for your help, does anyone else have any ideas?

Best regards,
Kurt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the relays on the sunroof motor and if not does anyone know where are they so I can check them? The wiring (as much of it as I can see) looks good as does the fuse in the drivers side kick panel, I do not know where else to check.

Thanks,
Kurt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the headliner and checked the wiring again and it all looks good but there is a plug in the wiring harness that does not have anything plugged into it, (w/all others plugged into motor) is something suposed to be plugged in there? The motor itself turns easily and the roof itself moves smoothly when opened and closed manually.

As I stated in my first post it I could not find power from any of the wires going to the motor and the fuse in the kick panel is good, is the relay supposed to be plugged into the currently empty plug in the harness under the drivers side of the headliner?
If I can't find the cause of the problem soon I am just going to open and close it manualy as this is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appeciate it, I just wish I could find the problem.

Thanks again,
Kurt

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Go to junk yard and take the relay and motor. You can get it from a Corolla GTS. I don't know if you can get the one from Camry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts