Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 reg cab PU. I'm trying to fit a sub box behind the seat, but I can't find anything that fits.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Teched said:
I have a 93 reg cab PU. I'm trying to fit a sub box behind the seat, but I can't find anything that fits.

Any Ideas?
I would suggest building a custom enclosure. If you are not up to the task (and don't feel ashamed if you aren't because many folks aren't sure just what the best way to do it is) then go see your local stereo dealer and ask them about building a custom enclosure. It will probably run you about $250 give or take as long as you aren't doing anything crazy and flashy, but you will also get something that is made specifically for the space you have to use rather than trying to shoehorn in some prefab unit. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just found a Q-Customs by Q-Logic in Crutchfield designed just for Toyota '89-'94 trucks, but its $230. I was hoping for a little less dough.
But I'll make it work. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
For those of you with sub's what do you have? I was thinking about a alpine type-x 12" but a friend on mine tell's me 1000w rms will be useless in such a small space.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
you will have to make the enclosure part of hte interior linings of the vehicle, or make a really skinny enclosure

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
I see a bunch of people saying the type-x is a sq sub. I just sold my (1) type-r 12" system along with car and am looking to get something for my truck. I want one 12" because I liked that I could move it around. Should I stick with a type-r or get something more powerful?

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
I just read a thread about type-r vs type-x. You are right but I no longer own the type-r. I am going to buy a new type-r 12". This time I want to throw a little more money into it to get more out of the sub. My last setup was a type-r 12" mrp-m450 amp in a wallyworld sealed box. Now I just need to find what kinda amp to buy for this thing to make it work right and a good box size. Any hints are helpful, thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
seems like a 12" sub is a little overkill in a cab the size of our trucks...but thats just me

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
That's what I'm looking for though. Going to go with a sealed box now I just need to figure out what amp to get.

·
Registered
88 toyota p-up
721 Posts
I had just a Alpine type S 10, with a kicker amp that i think was like 400-500 watts and it was ridiculous in my single cab.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Here's some pics of my setup.
First two are just to reference how the seat looks

Here is the box. Got it from the local car audio store for 40 bucks, they told me if they made me a custom one it would be about 100. So if you're getting quoted at 200+ like some have stated in this thread shop around! This box is 3/4inch mdf. Houses a 10inch, has a center depth of 6inches (keep that in mind due to the depth of the sub). top depth is about 4inches and bottom is about 9inches. And it is sealed, the sub is a W3v2. Oh and the amp actually fits under the passenger seat. I could put the seat back a little further if I had a grill on the sub, but as it sits it would hit the back of the seat, which isn't a big deal cause the back of the seat has some play, but it just makes a funny sound, where the grill would naturally push the back of the seat in and the sub wouldn't hit it.
I also hammered nails into the box from the inside out and bolted the box to the floor and back. Have fun stealing this bitches!

Here's a link if you're interested in swapping in these seats:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264170

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
Thanks for the info. I really want to stay with the 12" type-r since I allready had it but I believe I didn't have a powerful enough amp for it (alpine mrp-m450). I'm going to either build or buy a sealed box for it. I have an extended cab with those seats allready. I'm going to keep the box in the rear seat area.

·
Registered
'94 Toyota 4x4
7 Posts
One 12" sub will sound good, but, One 10" sub can sound just as good or you could even go with two 8's.

·
Registered
Pickup
233 Posts
I want to be able to use my backseat area so I want to stick with one sub and I want to have something powerful which is why I was looking at a type-x till I realized a type-r is the way to go. Doesn't the box size depend on the amp used also? I was using a sealed 1.25 cubic ft. enclosure with a mrp-m450 amp which matches the factory specs of the sub but I see people saying the type-r can handle 1000w rms rather than the 500. That's where I'm confused because I don't know what amp to get. I don't want to max out the sub but at the same time I want it to be powerful.

One 12" sub will sound good, but, One 10" sub can sound just as good or you could even go with two 8's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You do want to max out the sub, better to be over powered than under. The size of the box is all about the sub, not the box. I've only got a 250/1 JL amp hooked up to that ten and I can't turn it up nearly as much as it can go. It's fucking loud, I like my hearing. And with even more air to move than me you should really consider that. As the more air you have to move means the louder it will be. If you don't believe me check out some systems in SUVs. They could have one ten and an amp pumping out 200rms that will be louder than a car with two tens and an amp pumping out 400rms.

·
Registered
88 toyota p-up
721 Posts
There is no sub with decent power that will fit under a yota seat

·
Registered
88 toyota p-up
721 Posts
Lol, bet that would feel nice on the old pork sword :D or in the passenger seat for the ladies :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts