Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
would work ok.
well i believe the idea will work fine, but finding 3 speakers that will work well together with a 3 way crossover is proving to be quite difficult. most 4" speakers cant handle the power of an amp and wont be loud enough to be heard over the sub, mid range, and tweeter, so is it even worth it?

using elemental designs custom box builder you could have the 10" shallow mount in a 11"x11"x3.75" square box, which should fit behind the seat, but i would rather have a wedge since the seat is angle back, but the ED box designer only has the ability to have the sub on the verticle side which would have the sub firing backwards.. which dosnt seem like a good idea..

·
Registered
333 Posts
unless you are 4 feet tall there is no way in hell are you fitting a type r behind the seat of a single cab yota. I personally would recommend some slim subs. rockford fosgate makes some good sounding slim subs that are 2 inchs deep. Even better is the loaded box built by rockford is like 4 inchs deep. you could have a 12 and keep your jack in the stock location with no custom work. JL, Diamond, Pioneer, Kenwood and Memphis all make slim subs too. Only pioneer and rockford make prefab slim enclousures. I personally want some JL slim subs after seeing them all in person. They are the by far most expensive but they have 8 inch voice coils, 13's instead of 12's and handle 600 watts rms.
where did you find the RF subs that are 2 inches deep? smallest one i could find was the 10" thats 3.5" deep.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
well i believe the idea will work fine, but finding 3 speakers that will work well together with a 3 way crossover is proving to be quite difficult. most 4" speakers cant handle the power of an amp and wont be loud enough to be heard over the sub, mid range, and tweeter, so is it even worth it?
SPL dynamics makes a 3 way kit, as well as alot of other do aswell. Theres 4" speakers that handle power just fine, sure you wont find 600W RMS mid's but who would run 600RMS to them anyways.
Also what good is just using a subwoofer if none of your other systems match, you'll just have huge bass and a crappy sound quality.
I'll be running something up front too hooked to another amp.

·
Registered
333 Posts
SPL dynamics makes a 3 way kit, as well as alot of other do aswell. Theres 4" speakers that handle power just fine, sure you wont find 600W RMS mid's but who would run 600RMS to them anyways.
Also what good is just using a subwoofer if none of your other systems match, you'll just have huge bass and a crappy sound quality.
I'll be running something up front too hooked to another amp.
the hard part isnt finding the speaker is finding the crossover to match the speakers, SPL dynamics makes a nice 4" woofer but i couldnt find a 3 way package from them or any good dealers, do you know of any sites that sell there stuff?

would this work? http://www.etronics.com/p-15532-lan...7037363731313B313&sbvname=293&bname=Shopzilla

it dosnt show that it has direct speaker wire outputs, just outputs to an amp....

can you run components and a subwoofer off one 4 channel amp? the components on two channels and a sub bridged on the other?

·
Registered
9 Posts
well i know its not what u want to know but i have and extended cab and i have a 12 punch p3 and it hits hard so any 12" will hit in a regular cab and i would recomened that if u want a system that is loud and everyone can hear u coming get 6.5 2way compents all round and them amp them that is what i have and u cant stand the bass with it cranked up a 1/3 of the way here are some pics of what im running

·
Registered
88 toyota p-up
721 Posts
Ya my friend has that sub with some 1000 watt insignia amp and it pounds. And it's in some terd, homemade oak box lol.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i think iv decided one a setup:
JL audio 6.5" component set (tweeters on A piller, woofers in door)
Elemental design slim 10" sub in custom ED wedge box
4 channel amp 4x25 or 4x50 rms (2 for the components, 2 bridged for sub)
4" boston acoustics in dash (already in there)
edead in doors, 2 layers to make a sealed box for the midranges and a sheet across the rear firewall
Alpine 9855 head unit (already have)

·
Registered
91 Reg Cab 4x4
3 Posts
I have a dual voicecoil 8 in a custom box with about 500 watts going to it. I have to say I am very surprised how well it does. I wasnt looking for high decibels but more of a "sound quality" sound. I also installed a set of Alpine Type X 6.25" components in the doors and a Pioneer Double-Din Navigation unit up front. Money well spent.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts