Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
you shouldnt even touch one if you think the car has a V6.... its an inline-6 engine and the engine is different that the TT one... why wouldnt 220hp feel like it??? if you get the auto tranny then of course it wont feel like 220

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeh sorry I-6...so is it possible to turbo the SE version...or whats the biggest number of horse u can produce from an NA I6 SE model with just bolt ons and machine work

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
without turboing it?? probably around 300-400 and build the engine ect... if your LUCKY... but for that price you could swap the GTE engine around 4000$ or so...

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
yeah it would be, you'd have to bore/stroke the engine, high compression pistons, rods, basically in the end it would cost you around 10k or so... about the same price as swappin the turbo engine in, at which point you have tons more potential

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jeeves said:
400 would be a difficult reach with jsut bolt ons and machine work, methinks.
I agree, 300hp with out power adders from 3.0L is probably more reasonable for a streetable engine. If I remember right I think the 220hp in MKIV NA was more on the optimistic and it was closer to 200hp, when a few of the guy were dynoing them.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
unit5 said:
are the SE v6 models the base engine for the twin turbo engine or is it a whole different setup...does the 220 hp on the non turbos feel like 220

SE's were from 97/98 models, but were just fancy for "non turbo"

the base Supra uses the 2JZ-GE 3.0L 220hp-215lb.ft/tq with either a 5 speed or a 4 speed auto
the Turbo uses the 2JZ-GTE 3.0L with 320hp-310lb.ft/tq with either a 6 speed or a 4 speed auto.

now, an NA Supra takes alot just to hit 300, and it definitely wont be cheap..

however, TT Supras are harder to find and WAY more expensive than you'd expect...

so, when it comes to MKIVs, you gotta pay to play...

and an NA--> TT +6 speed swap can run upwards of $20k, not including the car.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Razo-E said:
and an NA--> TT +6 speed swap can run upwards of $20k, not including the car.[/color]
While they are expensive, I know they're not that much.

Buddy of mine bought a black on black, hardtop roller w/No tranny and no engine. This was $9. He then picked up the Getrag V160 6Spd, for $2500. Now he needs a front cut (or the like), and he's golden. Obviously it'll be sub-$20k all said and done, depending on some options.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jeeves said:
400 would be a difficult reach with jsut bolt ons and machine work, methinks.
400 Wouldn't be hard to get to. Drill the engine for bigger pistons, get forged pistons, new cams, cold air, headers, low rest cat, high flow muffler, and if u throw a EMS system you could easily kick the hp to 450+...i saw a 350hp civic all motor, if this has 100 more hp stock it shouldnt be a problem getting to 450-500hp

·
Registered
256 Posts
goooopher said:
400 Wouldn't be hard to get to. Drill the engine for bigger pistons, get forged pistons, new cams, cold air, headers, low rest cat, high flow muffler, and if u throw a EMS system you could easily kick the hp to 450+...i saw a 350hp civic all motor, if this has 100 more hp stock it shouldnt be a problem getting to 450-500hp
:lol: For street motor, no way. The 350hp Civic was either a race motor that designed to run at WOT or street motor on N2O.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts