Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no codes when jumping test points. In neutral and all accessories are off but no codes. Check engine light comes on when running so I know bulb isn’t burned out

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,761 Posts
Pulled the cat off and no difference. Idles by stumbles we pressing accelerator
We need a little bit more info about the truck and the problems your having.
Did your problems show up suddenly, after other work had been done, a noise or did you just noticed a gradual decline in performance etc.?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was immediately. Truck ran great the day before. It cranked up just fine but failed pulling out of the driveway. Barely could turn around and pull in driveway It’s a 93 2wd 3vze v6

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,573 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

How many miles on the vehicle? Any issues prior to this issue? Any maintenance performed prior to this issue? Last time yer vehicle had a major tune up? Last time you inspected/cleaned the throttle body? Have you been losing any coolant? Last time you inspected/replaced the fuel filter? Last time you inspected/replaced the air filter? How many miles do you have on the spark plugs and wires? How good are yer vacuum lines/hoses? Any aftermarket mods installed? ;)

Could you shoot some video and post it? Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has 186000 miles. No issues prior to problem. Changed rotor distributor cap and new plug wires at 166000 miles in Oct 2016. Fuel filter, dampener, and pressure regulator changed in May 2016. Air filter changed September 2018. Last documented spark plug change in 2006 at 90000. I may have changed them when changing plug wires but didn’t document it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed neutral safety switch in January 2019. It sometimes doesn’t make gear shift indicator light up properly. You have to jiggle the shifter to make indicator to light up.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,573 Posts
When was the last time the timing belt was changed? Have you inspected the timing at all? You should be able to pull the timing cover off and see if the timing belt is missing any teeth or not. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,573 Posts
Have you inspected yer ignitor? ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ignition coil? I checked the throttle position sensor. When measuring between E1 and tt it should measure 0-1 volts and increment up to 8 volts as the accelerator is pressed. Mine starts out at 4.5 and slowly increases to 8. That doesn’t seem right. The engine cranks after several tries and gets smoother as it warms up but as soon as the accelerator is pressed even the tiniest bit the idle speed drops hesitates. Let off the gas and idles ok. Can play with the accelerator and eventually get the rpm up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts