Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas
I have a '93 4runner V6 4x4 w/ 163k miles and it has been a champ! Just recently it has lacked in power (just a tad.. but noticeable) going up hill and on the freeway. It also began to miss fire when it runs around 2000 rpms. I changed the cap and rotor along with the plugs and plug wires. I started it up and it ran great... no miss fire. But when I put it in gear for a test drive its started to shake a little bit and had a huge lack of power (about had to floor it to get up my driveway). Im stumped. If anyone could please help I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
you may have switched a couple of the wires. make sure the wires are in the correct firing order. the cylinders are 1,3,5 on the right side from front to back in that order, and 2,4,6 from front to back on the left side. the cap has numbers on it that correspond to the appropriate cylinder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked all wires and they were in the correct spots. When I start it and rev the engine it runs smooth but it feels like it may be starving for air... or bad compression. I checked the timing and its good. I did remove the air intake to get to a few of the plugs but put everything back into place. I also found some oil had leaked over night. Cant tell really where it came from. It could be unrelated but Im not sure. Thanks for your help Runner Rider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
4runnin'
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing