Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i waqs looking in the paper today and found a guy giving away 2 22r blocks and an auto tranny. well i got them in my garage now and im curious if this tranny will fit my 22re. they tranny may be from the older blocks but im not really sure i know the pistons on one block are the old dish type. i think the tranny will swap in without using a new computer because its a cable drive speedometer cable. is it possible to convert it to the electronic type or should i just swap to the older cable driven cluster? i know its a bitch of a job but im willing to try it if its possible my question is how do i identify the tranny and figure what type it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
older tranny

I had to get a new tranny and have a 92 manual. The tranny that the A#% at the salvage place sold me was older and had a manual? cable instead of an electronic one. It fit in there just fine till we discovered that the odom/spedo will not work, tryed swapping the dash for the spedo/odo and it seemend imposible due to the panel behind it having no place to put the hole we needed to do it. And so the truck was un-inspectable her in PA. Got away with it for 2 years with FOAF letting it go, but now with the other things wrong, it is not worth fixing. No inspection sticker = death and no FOAF = no inspection.... whaaa

MJ

·
Offical Truck Nut
1990 Toyota
428 Posts
tranny

when or if you do you swap how much you want for your 5speed?

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure if i am going to sell it i may keep it so if i decide to go back i can. i may rebuild it or have it rebuilt professionaly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts