Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7AFTE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95.5 7afe(obd2[not really]) with crank sensor, has EGR, and non-adjustable distributor. with a blown engine.

i got a 94 7afe(obd1) with no crank sensor, no EGR, and adjustable distributor for free that i want to put in my 95.
i plan on turboing the obd1 engine as the obd2 was turboed.
question :
1.would you leave everything in tacked and just do a swap?
2.should convert this obd1 to egr .
3. if i want to put the crank pos sensor in it i will need to change out the oil pump i believe which i dont want to but will it be worth it?
4. can put the crank sensor with adjustable distributor?(but if i do that the obd2 pcm will try to adjust my timming).

more info: turbo fuel adjustments will be made adjusting map sensor signals(SAFC type of piggyback)

·
Premium Member
14,694 Posts
then you'll need to swap the 94 pcm and wiring harness as well and never be able to go through emissions with it.

swapping the short block though....you would swap over the crank sensor with tone ring and the part that holds the cps as well as the head/intake manifold with the whole egr system and retain OBD2. you also get a chance to rebuild the bottom end so you don't break this engine too. or was it poor tuning?

·
7AFTE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not obd2 yet\ i think Toyota was just experimenting at that stage -

my timing was off... and lest just say i pushed it too hard. i have the whole indecent on cam but i'll post it after i get her back up right now its:headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts