Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
94 cam can't start please advise

Toyota cam94 180,000 mileage the wires and spark plugs are changed, ignition was checked on the other cam94 and works. The problem is that the starter turns but no sparking at all. Please give me advise on what could be wrong.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
coil could be bad, have you checked the roter and distro cap? also the battery could be going bad causing there not be enought power for both try jumping the car and see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure this has been solved by now, but just in case... After changing plugs/wires , make sure that the wires are reconnected to the corresponding plug (cylinder). Check rotor for proper positioning. Check battery voltage with car not running( should be 12.5v or so. Test battery voltage while cranking. If the battery dies off more than 1 or 2 volts, consider the battery not charged or possibly damaged.
Make sure you have spark at the plugs.
Let me know if you are already squared away and back on the road, so that I don't go on and on rambling...
Cheers
:D

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
chronoti said:
coil could be bad, have you checked the roter and distro cap? also the battery could be going bad causing there not be enought power for both try jumping the car and see.
^
The man knows his shit.

The starter is a massive drain on power. If your battery is going out, you won't have enough to run everything.

Try this, turn your headlights on. When you turn over the car, do the interior lights dim to nothing or just a little bit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts