Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Newly Acquired
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.autoseller.ca/trader/result/affich.asp?rubno=4000&r=%27ATL%27%2C%27NSC%27%2C%27NBR%27%2C%27PEI%27%2C%27NFL%27&ste=&sid=&issr=1&yfr=0&yto=0&kfr=0&kto=0&pfr=0&pto=0&dm=1&dp=8&mk=TOYOTA&md=CAMRY&kw=coupe&or=0&oby=7&pg=1&vid=24950462

Heres the link to the online view of it.

2 Door, V6, fully loaded. Exactly what I want. 6K Canadian, could probably buy it for 5500-5000 as its been sitting. 68k KILOMETERS! Looks good, haven't driven yet, very clean car, looks babied. Any info, reviews, anything i should know about these models that I should know about?
Thanks all info appreciated.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
the price sounds pretty good for the mileage...

just look for rust and make sure that the oil was consistently changed by both time and mileage

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
as a fellow v6 coupe owner, i say go for it. you won't regret it. just make sure everything is intact. the miage sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
It's not a V6 coupe, it has the 5SFE. But yes, as a fellow coupe owner...absolutely jump on that. You could turn it around and sell it for much, much more in the future. Only bummer are the cloth interior and 5SFE, but those should not stop you. These cars are very reliable when serviced and maintained regularly. Make sure to look for unusual abuse. With a 13 year old car with such little mileage, you may also want to ask the owner if it has ever sat for long periods of time...this is not good for the motor. Good luck.

·
I don't sugarcoat!!
1995 Camry LE Coupe
393 Posts
68km = 42mi ...that's stupidly low mileage...good find, but...

Chances are the car really has the low mileage as advertised. Just check out the interior for the usual wear spots that would occur from miles of driving. In other words the interior on a car with that mileage should have very little wear if any.

If it checks out I'd go for it, you'll love the coupe. :thumbup:

·
Newly Acquired
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, heres the deal.
Its over priced.
It is really only worth about 4-5G at most. It has been sitting for months. Probably with some lot rot, so im going to wait u ntill he gets reasonable with the price, and agree's to clean it up, etc.

What kind of performance would this car have? 0-60 wise?

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
What do you mean it's overpriced? Does it have more miles than he posted or what's the deal? Performance wise, the stock 0-60 will be about 8 seconds and 1/4 mile about 16 flat. Very smooth, torquey engine though. Very good driveability. Very good transmission. Very reliable engine. JUST BUY THE DAMN CAR. Just kiddin man I would definately try and negotiate with the guy, and make sure it hasn't just been sitting for a long period of time. Make sure it has had regular oil changes and maintenance. Good luck.

1MZFE (stock)
-188 hp @ 5,200 rpm
-203 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 rpm
-V6 coupe weighs around 3,200 lbs.

·
I don't sugarcoat!!
1995 Camry LE Coupe
393 Posts
How is it overpriced? $5500 Canadian or about $4600 American, that's a great price for a V6 coupe with low miles.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
It's more than a great price, it's a steal. If this is actually legit, this guy must be smokin' some really good stuff because he's being robbed a lot of money. He could probably sell it for more than twice that if he wanted to.

·
Newly Acquired
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, i'm going to check into it well soon.
Its been forsale for months, sitting there...
Thats slower than I expected for that kinda power and weight. V6 Tiburon's abou the same!
What kind of aftermarket ability is there?
SRI intake, exaust, lightweight driveline/transmission components, etc. are avaliable?
Hoping to be able to get the weighty to around 2900-2800. this possible?

·
I don't sugarcoat!!
1995 Camry LE Coupe
393 Posts
If you are looking for a fast car then leave the Camry on the lot. The V6 gives a good push but you won't be smoking Corvettes anytime soon. Camry aftermarket isn't strong as say the Honda Accord.

You need to gut 300 to 400 lbs to get a Camry to 2800. Maybe Camry isn't the car for you. :confused:

·
Newly Acquired
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can do the math, and realize how much needs to be gutted..

The cars I' was looking at were: 03-4 Hyundai Tiburon V6 GT, 01 Acura CL 3.2 Type-S, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V or a Dodge SRT-4.
But if I bought this camry, i could put 5-7 G into it if I felt like, and still be cheaper than these cars. I want a 2dr, preferable V6 nice car. Not a high strung Celica or RSX type, but good torque and power, nice looking, etc. I fugred this camry could work too? I love the look of your Camry, exactly what I would do for rims..

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
If I was in yoru shoes I'd be in the car right now. I wish someone around here was selling that.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
Yeah man you'll love it. I just hope you don't think you're going to spend $5k and have a track car. These Camry's take a LOT of time and money to do right, they are no Honda or SRT-4 where you buy a $1,000 part and shave 1 second off your 1/4 mile. But definately the Camry is way nicer and more reliable than the cars you listed (sans the Type-S).

Here's my V6 Coupe after $3,000+ in aftermarket crap:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.