Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be willing to get under the front of there Gen 3 Camry and take measurements of the braided flex pipe assembly. I need inlet/outlet pipe diameter and the overall length. Also if you could take measurements of the braided area (dia & length) it would be very helpful for me.
Thanks, Troy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Why not just take it to a muffler shop, and let them replace it? My flex pipe was screaming at me and it took 10 minutes and $100 for the muffler shop to fix...

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
^$100...you got screwed. Or I am lucky. mine cost like $55 installed 3 years ago. Unfortunately, its' the lowest point on the car, so it's allmost shot again from bottoming out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IDDMODW (I did do my own dirty work) and removed the rotted out section and replaced it last year with a generic flex pipe as a temporary measure. Was hoping someone would take a tape measure and jot down a few dimensions for a fellow Camry owner.

·
Registered
98' LGT
1,113 Posts
well, if I wasn't about to go to a movie and there wasn't 3 inches of snow in my driveway, i would. If you don't have it by tuesday, I'll measure it when I change my oil...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Grayguy said:
^$100...you got screwed. Or I am lucky. mine cost like $55 installed 3 years ago. Unfortunately, its' the lowest point on the car, so it's allmost shot again from bottoming out.
$55 three years ago v.s. $100 today... If that's how you feel, then great...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts