Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Toyotas.
351 Posts
Your differential is shot. Guess how I know...
Key is the speedometer, it takes it's signal before the differential.
I've pictures of a bad one. That won't help, but it's how I know...

Cosmo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks.. I bought this car last year for $200. the guy thought the transmission was gone. We finally got around to putting it on the lift today and found the bolts missing from where the CR half shaft connects to the mid shaft on the passenger side. Too strange... Put bolts in it and is seems to work fine now... LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even worse, we picked it up at the guys repair shop who was the one that told them the problem was in the transmission. Only took 2 seconds to spot once it was on the lift. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I have a similar problem.

This morning my 1994 Toyota Camry started fine but moved only a very little on all gears including reverse.

See video below.. -

Sir, What bolts are you referring to?

-

·
Registered
2 Posts
New update, things had been working great since I last posted until this morning. Had driven about 250 miles since the first ordeal. On the way to work and I lost drive again, felt like it went into neutral. Coasted to a safe place and got it towed home. also noticed the odometer even moves when it's in gear/registering speed but not moving. Anyone got any ideas now or am I shopbound?

Sir , What was the problem? Did you find what it was?
This morning my 1994 Toyota Camry started fine but moved only a very little on all gears including reverse.
See video below.. -
Sir, What bolts are you referring to?
-

·
イリジウム
12,043 Posts
That’s either extreme incompetence or unscrupulous.

Even worse, we picked it up at the guys repair shop who was the one that told them the problem was in the transmission. Only took 2 seconds to spot once it was on the lift. LOL

·
イリジウム
12,043 Posts
that was the mounting bolts that bolt the axle to the differential.

I don’t think that’s the case as your car actually moved. Looks like a healthy jolt too?

I’d check ATF level first.

Sir , What was the problem? Did you find what it was?
See video below..

·
Registered
94 Camry LE
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
My issue was a bad CV axle retaining clip on the passenger axle—but I had no drive at all. Yours looks like something is slipping—check fluid levels to start

41 - 49 of 49 Posts