Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,248 Posts
mandyfig said:
S2000 Rocks!

No mess with frozen antennas.....do you not hate it when it is stuck frozen?

S2000 looks cool, too.

I never did see yours completed! Any pics?

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,065 Posts
Had to fix mine again today....just stopped midway, the cable thing became bound up in the motor, not sure why?...but I got it working again, had to take the cover of the motor over and over, couldn't seem to make it catch!......That S2000 antenna is looking better every minute!

I need more information on getting one!

·
I know parts!
71 Posts
isn't it just normally the mast that goes bad?
not the motor?

I only ask because mine doesn't work and it looks like the top section is missing (cable normally attaches to it)

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,248 Posts
internetautomar said:
not the motor?

I only ask because mine doesn't work and it looks like the top section is missing (cable normally attaches to it)
More times then not, it is the Antenna that goes. I did the S2000 when my motor went. :lol:

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,065 Posts
internetautomar said:
not the motor?

My motor worked fine, the cable broke! (1st time)....Yesterday I noticed it was up again, you would hear the motor run for just a second and stop...thought the motor went bad, When I took it apart the cable had become bound inside the motor somehow:eek: So I removed it and the motor was fine, then I had to get it to feed inside again, had the wife turn the radio on and off for me, cussed alot:hammer: Took the motor apart like 5 times before i could get it to work...it would go in so far and jam again!...finally when I was ready to throw the fucker over the house:lol: ..It fed all the way and is working OK for now!....I'm pretty sure its going to stop working again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So would this mod work for a wagon? Been dealing with a broken mast and had planned to get one from a junker, but after reading this I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Being unfamiliar radio waves, would the antenna, being so close to a taller part of the car, not get reasonable reception?
Thanks
James

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,248 Posts
It MAY work, but the reception would not be good at all, bcause of the reason you stated. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.