Toyota Nation Forum banner

94 celica tranny problemsHELP!!!!

923 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  repo94 
#1 ·
i have a problem with my 94 automatic celica st with 130k miles. i can't figure out what is the problem. my car switch to 2nd gear at 3,000 rpm, 3rd gear around 4,000 rpm and so on. when it switch gear, it'll kick really hard. it feels like i have turbo or something. it calms down when i go like around 55-65 mph. also it lacks power. i can hear the engine screaming but i can't feel any power. i use to have a 89 toyota pick-up with the same problems. when i finally got to it, the tranny went out. i want to stop this from happening to my celica.

#5 ·
no i havent' changed anything yet. that was the first thing that i was planning to do.
if i pour some of those fluid that gaurentee to gelp the transmission and seals any crack, would that help??

where is the throttle cable??sorry i'm new to this.

#7 ·
it should go from the trans to the throttle body. I do believe that transmission has one. That works the with the vavlebody to control shift pressure. Sometimes when they come out of adjustment it will cause harsh shifts, or poor shifting. I'd give that a try. Its one of the easier things to check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.