Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 94 truck with just a tad over 100k miles has a really bad squeeky wheel, the front drivers side wheel has a very loud squeek to it when the truck is moving, and it stops when the brake is applied.

any ideas on what this could be?

also on a side note, what 100kmile maitenance should i look at doing to this truck, id like to stretch it out until i can afford a new tacoma

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check your brakes. Pads might need to be replaced! they have a sensor that warns you with a squeek when the pads are getting low.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought of that, but if it was brakes, wouldnt it squeek when i apply the brake, not when the wheel is moving?

·
Registered
245 Posts
no, you need brake pads, they are designed to squeak when they are worn, and they dont squeak whn you apply them. It is a spring loaded squeaker that drags your rotors and when you apply breaks the squeaker backs off just a hair. Get your brakes checked soon, it's free at places like midas.

If you hear squeaking when your brakes are applied that means your pad rivets are grinding into your rotors, don't wait, get em checked.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Also could be any of the trucks working parts around the wheel. After time you need to apply new grease to them. Maintenence wise if its been well maintained at proper intervals for oil changes etc. I would just do spark plugs, valve cover gasket (while the covers off check the timing chain and guides for wear, might as well replace the plastic timing chain guides with metal ones), new spark plug wires, air filter, check all the pcv hoses, just basic maintenence. If there's no real problem then just do the little stuff. Might wanna flush and add differential fluid, and drain and refill radiator. If you want it to last and you take care of it it will last a LONG time with only that many miles on the speedo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts