Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is complaining that her headlights are sometimes notworking. Since I am not usually in the car with her, and I hear about it when I talk with her in the house, and she has shut the car down, So, when I go out to check on it, it seems that they work fine.

THe first time it happened, I looked around the web and think I remember reading about the wire bunfle in the driver door flexing and with age causing a break in the wire. However today I can not find those references again. I did find a pretty good description of how to remove the combo switch (and even file the contacts for repair).

However I am leaning towards the wire in door idea, since she would have opened and closed the door to get out of the car, and after that the headlights came on for me.

If you have any ideas, or can help me find my way around the forum (newbie) I'd appreciate it.

·
Prepare tortilla chips.
380 Posts
Most likely, the light stalk switch assy is bad. My buddy had the same phenomena, and he had the light switch stalk assy replaced, and it worked fine.

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
The headlight control wires are not in the door.

Check for your grounding points in engine bay, neaer headlights. See if they are corroded.

Also try unplugging and plugging in any relays and bulb in the sockets, that will clear off any corrosion. then put a dab of rgease on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts