Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm experiencing something new on my '94 model (128k, good shape all around): when I turn the engine off, there's a beeping sound that comes from somewhere around my instrument panel. I can't isolate where exactly, but I don't believe it's from the stereo area or the security near the gearshift. It happens when the key's still in the ignition and when all doors are closed, and this has only just been happening in the last two days. It's a series of three short beeps that repeats five or six times, then stops. It's definitely different from the open door or security noises and I know I've never heard this in the eight years I've had it.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to get rid of it? Is it something I need to sink lots of $ in? Thanks in advance!

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
this happened to me as well, then it just stopped, no cel, wasnt running funny, just started beeping one night, then the next night it stopped

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
omg! they're haunted!

maybe it's jsut from leaving hte key in, i know my car does this.

EDIT: i mean my rsx does this, i don't know about the camry

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had somethin like this and i discovered what my problem was...
do you have a sunroof by any chance? sometimes beeping comes from when you leave the sunroof partially open or partially tilted open...its a security measure so you don't leave it open and get broken into....check that an lemme know what it is and if it's not that then check your gauges maybe it's that....

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Yeah, mine does that when I leave the sunroof tilted up even just slightly. It doesn't beep when it's slid open though.

·
nub
313 Posts
i think your sunroof does that because you can slide the cover shut when you tilt it but you can't when you slide it back....i think its more so you dont get rained in because mine also only beeps when its tilted.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
if you have the VIP alarm from Toyota it could be beeping becasue their is a door adjar or your battery level is low.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was indeed the tilt on the sunroof; it'd been opened a little one night last week and I didn't notice until someone posted it. Thanks for your comments, everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts