Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . I got a 94 paseo w/ 1.5 lt that wont run above idle . timming is ok , new fuel pump and filter , and a new dist. has 180 # compression on all 4 . wants to bog down when u open throttle but if u restrict air flow with hand will excelerate better . had removed exhast at manifold to see if cat pluged no change . any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Did you just buy the car ?
Was it running good and then just started to run badly?
Have you actually tested the fuel preasure?
Have you tested your throttle position sensor?
Have you tested the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it belongs to a frind .Her son was using the car when he said it just quit. teste fuel press failed at about 20 replaced sock pump and filter . have not checked map or tps yet got info for map test tps test last night not sure how to check map .

·
Registered
510 Posts
You should get a manual for the car , its to hard to give all the details of testing each system. I know you replaced the pump , sock and filter ,but you need to check the pressure again. Was the fuel system full of dirt,water ,rust? If it was then your fuel tank needs to be cleaned.

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
If the car was standing, maybe fuel is old, burn it off or drain it if you can and replace it. Might have water in it. Check ur timing maybe? It could be as simple as Loosening the screws on ur THROTTLE POSSITION Sensor, its that black thing on the intake, right of the big hole. Or might be Distributor, loosen its screws and turn it a bit to see differance, I have mine set to lowest, Idles fine at 1000 RPM cold and then at around 600-700 WARM. I have a aftermarket RPM gauge.

Oh yeah, manual is awesome, i prefer the purple one but there the same

1 - 6 of 6 Posts