Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
i own a 94 twin turbo supra and i was wondering if i should even bother to go against my cusin new sti which brings 300 hp? I just dont want to get embaressed so if u guys could maybe help me out here? thanx

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
stock for stock, he'll beat you off the line, then you'll catch up, until you reach about, 100 or so, then you'll start pulling, and eventually murder him...

i dont know about yours, but my friend's 93's speedo goes up to 180mph...:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o really around what gear will i start catching up to him? and he is also light but he is stock i have a stage 4 clutch intake exhaust how do u think it will go down

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
well, theoretically, my speedo goes to 999... woooooo digital dash!

(but it doesn't)

·
Registered
445 Posts
if both cars are stock, you will beat him, no question about it. If your car is modded, you will absolutely murder him.:D

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
mrspoolz said:
o really around what gear will i start catching up to him? and he is also light but he is stock i have a stage 4 clutch intake exhaust how do u think it will go down
Okay, with a Turbo Supra and Intake Exhaust you have already gained an extra 20-30 hp. That means your car has not went from 320hp to 340+hp. If you have a boost controller then it's not even a fair race.

You are gonna lose off the line guaranteed unless he is scared to launch it but once you guys start moving, you will reel him in and pass him and the faster you go, the more you will pull. Supras pull HARD once they get going.

But yeah, like someone said, at the Track, it would be close, on the freeway, he can't hang.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
just remember street racing is a big :nono:

please take it to the track where it belongs :)

Keri

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
ripley's99 said:
just remember street racing is a big :nono:

please take it to the track where it belongs :)

Keri
Unfortunately, you can't race from a roll at the strip...

Race late at night on the freeway, nobody else around, if you kill someone, it will only be yourself.

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
If both of you are rolling, you'll smoke him, no doubt about it. Even if you both start off the line and not roll, he'll have a slite advantage over you in the beginning (your car's heavier), but eventually you'll take him out. You'll have him by 3rd gear. So go for it... let us know how it goes :p:

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I have already seen a race of this kind. Among a 1993 Supra Twin Turbo 6 speed manual, Subaru STi and a BMW M3 with Nitrous kit and a lot of other mods. As soon as they launched, the BMW was never even in the picture. It had already lost the race...LOL. The Sti guy pulled away very quickly from the Supra Twin Turbo off the line and gained about 5-6 car's length (Supra started a few split seconds later), but once they had gone into fourth, the STi did not pull hard anymore and the Supra Twin Turbo started to gain on the Sti and by 5th it simply walked over the STi.

mrspoolz said:
Hey guys
i own a 94 twin turbo supra and i was wondering if i should even bother to go against my cusin new sti which brings 300 hp? I just dont want to get embaressed so if u guys could maybe help me out here? thanx

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Oh yeah, and from a roll, the Supra slaughtered the BMW and Sti. It was not even a match.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
Talisman18 said:
Unfortunately, you can't race from a roll at the strip...

Race late at night on the freeway, nobody else around, if you kill someone, it will only be yourself.
that's a rather foolish comment to make when not too many months ago some people were street racing in my area, lost control & came into the other lanes of traffic on the other side of the highway and killed innocent people.

i won't go into a big discussion of this now, but street racing is never a wise decision, although we have all done it at least once, it doesn't mean that its smart and not a risk.

but then again i am just a person that would rather go take my car through the twisties of a track and i do not go in for the whole "F & F" street racing scene.

Keri

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
ripley's99 said:
that's a rather foolish comment to make when not too many months ago some people were street racing in my area, lost control & came into the other lanes of traffic on the other side of the highway and killed innocent people.

i won't go into a big discussion of this now, but street racing is never a wise decision, although we have all done it at least once, it doesn't mean that its smart and not a risk.

but then again i am just a person that would rather go take my car through the twisties of a track and i do not go in for the whole "F & F" street racing scene.

Keri
I hate the Street Racing scene also. Never been to the street races in my entire life and have no real desire to go. I do partake in the occasional spirited driving on the street (only if the situation is right) against another person though and will continue.

What happened in your area is sad. Here though, our expressways have walls separating the freeways. You won't go into oncoming traffic, you will just destroy your car. I am not saying messing around on the street is smart, but if you are going to do it then there are smart ways to go about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright then i guess i should do it hopefully he wont destroy me i have another ? when launchin of in a supra at what rpms should i do it at and should or should i not have traction control on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what do u launch at in a supra tt and should i have the traction control on or off?

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Yeah, a Supra expert can give you some great advice about launching since that is the point where the STi has an advantage. A Supra exper here please???? Cannot wait to hear the outcome of this race. Please put your own safety first. A video of the race would be great.

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
the scooby will launch between 3-5K if hes smart.

you should launch between 2500 and 3500 i would think.

if you launch higher you will have to feather the clutch to keep from peeling out...better to launch low...you will catch him anyway. supra TT's pull HARD up top.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts