Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a '94 Tercel with the 3EE engine. It is burning oil excessively - you can smell it and see the puff of blue when you excelerate hard. The engine has 100,000 miles on it. I'd like to keep the vehicle. Obviously the piston rings are shot?? Should I repair the car or get rid of it? Are they other compatible engines for this make/model other than the 3EE? (if I decide to replace the engine - as ther is lots of sludge built up in same).

Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey,
For the most part, tercels burn oil. one way or another. many cases are the valve seals if it was properly maintained. i have a 96 that uses a quart every 2 days and smokes before it's warm. if you know what your doing, i'd look into replacing the valve seals, and go from there. If your looking for more power, there's plenty of threads that pertain to your engine and swaps. i'd keep the car, tercels rock!:rockon: -andy-

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
search and also the piston rings could be bad, but you also get poorer performace when those go ... this fourm is filled to the gill about engine swaps just serch around.

·
Registered
136 Posts
just look at the tercel/echo forum, lot of good info, or use the search for "3EE", but if you want you can private message me, it's the little icon at the bottom of replies, "pm". oK? -ANDY-

·
Registered
136 Posts
ok i looked for you, look directly above this thread, it says "tercel engine swap?", it's about 4 pages of useful info , exactly what you're lookin for.:kingme:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts