Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LUV ME...
94' toyota tercel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i will be happy if i get any answers cause im really depressed my car wont start and thats my baby. When i bought it it was obviously used and it was missing a fuel tank and a fuel pump so i got that on but i got it at a junk yard. It worked, I was using it and the oil light started to come on and then it would shake like if i was out of gas and turn off, so i figured maybe its leaking oil, i re did all the oil gaskets it stopped. The oil light will still come on though and then months later meaning now, it had begun to do it again, but this time i barely made it home, it was stopping at every stop like if i was out of gas, my car is standard so i had to push the gas more then releasing the clutch, i got home and the next day i had t go to work so i get in and the car starts but i press the gas and the car shuts off, it has been a week now and im really stressing, can anyone give me some advice on what to do?, please let me know what you think. The engine light is still on, the gas when pushed the car shuts off, i am going nuts....thanks appreciate it :confused::sosad:

·
94 Tercel
94 Tercel
153 Posts
It sounds like your not getting enough fuel delivered to the engine and would suspect
that the fuel pump may be in critical condition.
Try changing the fuel filter first.
It's a cheap part and would eliminate the one of the 5 symptoms of fuel not being delivered
1. Very low on fuel
2. Faulty fuel pump
3. Crack in the lines from the pump to the filter, or from the filter to the injectors
4. Clogged fuel filter
5. Fuel injector faulty

If you have the Haynes repair manual for your car, they have a quick test procedure that
will tell you if this is the case.
The same manual also has a simple procedure to read the 'check engine' code(s)
that light up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
First find out why the Check Engine Light comes on. If you have a Haynes manual, read page 6-5, and it will tell you how to do it with a paper clip. If you don't have the Haynes manual, tell us, and someone will lead you though it. It will only take 10 minutes to do it.

·
AE92 AW11
11-88 tercel
36 Posts
If you had all the seals done (crank, cam etc.) you may wanna check the timing if the fuel thing is not da problem. Or the coolant emp sensor could also be causing that problem. I would check da fuel or da engine code first though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts