Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Corolla
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my question has been answered and I just couldnt find it you can just point me in the right direction. I was wondering what a good replacement for the stock headlight assembly for a 95 corolla might be. I've looked on TN and I can find several posts about altering different bulbs to fit, but im lookin to completely replace the entire thing. My car is fully stock, so some assemblies that might look good on a modded car might look hokey on mine. :)
(especially since i dont plan to customize much else)

I've seen many assemblies on ebay, but most of them aren't what quite i'm lookin for (i'm trying to avoid the "halo" versions or the ones with individual light areas). Basically im lookin for something that looks more modern than the original but wont look weird. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1995 Corolla
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
a possibility

well, I found a pic of the type i'm lookin for. It's off of ebay and I've read a that ebay isnt always the best place for car parts. It's also coming out of hong kong so i'm not sure if that means anything. heres the listing/pics:

If anyone just knows of a good parts site that has these headlights, that'd work too. thanks for any comments/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Notice those are 1-bulb though and your stock ones use separate bulbs for brights and regular lights.

Try looking on ebay for stock ones or look in a junkyard using car-part.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
The one-bulb clear headlamps are JDM only. The beam pattern goes in the wrong direction, to the left (oncoming traffic) instead of the right (curb side). You will also need a JDM grille to fit them since the inner bottom corner is more pointy than the rounded originals. You may even need a different hood, but I'm not sure about that. The clear 2-bulb crystal headlights made by Depot will replace your originals. Here:http://64.224.182.245/maxzone/performance/search_by_mmy.php?make=toyota&model=corolla&year=1994

·
AE101
Corolla AE101
69 Posts
And a few more things. You need a bulb and socket with three connectors (ground/earth, low and high beams). You may also need a longer socket for the peanut bulb.

Warning though. If that thing is made from cheap plastic, that thing would be blurred in 2 years (not clear anymore)

·
You asked for it...
392 Posts
Ebay listings from Hong Kong means long delivery times and at least some possibilty of getting ripped off. I personally wouldn't buy from outside the US, regardless of the seller's rating.

·
Registered
1995 Corolla
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thoughts

I remembered after my initial post (and Ukranian's) that my headlights are 2 bulb (vs the 1 bulb i put a pic for). I just thought the 2 bulb ones (most of which ive seen on ebay) might look kind of weird. I dunno, I may just be sayin that since I havent seen them in a car yet. I'm mainly lookin for something that is a direct replacement for the stock ones I have now (so i dont think the 1 bulb would work) and the ones I have now still work, just the plastic is yellowing and its unbecoming of such a beautiful car:lol:.

The headlights are part of my plan to give my car a facelift. In addition I'm getting a new grille, new hubcabs, and repainting the hood/front bumper. I thought updating the headlights (to look like newer ones) might help with this. In the end i might just go for newer stock lights since they're cheaper and wont change the look too much.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Also a lot of the ebay JDM style ones end in a sharp corner at the grille. The US Corolla headlights are more rounded, so the grille might not match those lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts