Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered this website and found it very informative. I bought my 95 Avalon XLS a year ago with 182,000 Km (114,000 Mi). It was very well maintained but still had a few bugs. It had major driver door wind noise and a rattle from the rear end. If I had read this forum I would have seen where I should have checked the rear stabilizer bushings. As it was I replaced the rear shocks first. The rattle was still there so I overhauled the stabilizer linkage and bushings. Now I have a different thumpy rattle when I go over washboard type of bumps. I have not found what it is yet. I think the shocks may not have been installed properly. ANY IDEAS ?

I replaced my tires with Michelin HydroEdge. Great traction year round but quite a firm ride. Perhaps I should have gone with Good Year Tripletreads.

My gas mileage is 22 city, 35 hwy in Cdn Gallons. US mpg would be about 18/28. Not great but I can live with it as the car is great to drive. Better than a Lincoln I had a few years ago.

I am impressed at the performance. My best time with a Beltronics Accelerometer was 16.27 sec 1/4 mile at 88.6 mph. 0 - 60 was 8.6 sec.

I eventually want to move up to a 98 or a 2000 if I can find a good low miler. If anyone has compared a 95 to a 98 or 2000 I would like to hear about your experiences.

Thanks,
Ken

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
welcome ken. I too own an avalon, 96. Post up your questions/problems in the avalon section, there will be more avalon owners there to help you out. Enjoy your stay here! check out my car on the link below.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts