Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful 95 avalon is experiencing tranny problems. Two things that are happening, both are interminent:

1) Slight shudder felt during acceleration especially at full throttle

2) It sometimes shifts a bit rough, but it does not appear to be totally slipping.

Again these problems are not consistent but are starting to happen a bit more often.

The last time I checked the ATF it was a bit dirty though I heard if the transmission is older and hasn't been properly changing the fluid could do more harm than good and I don't when the previous owner last serviced the tranny.

I haven't been able to check the ATF recently because I was in accident and because of the damage sustained in the accident I can't get my hood open. I am still waiting on the insurance company to send me the estimate from their appraisal.

So am I up shits creek and in need of a rebuild or is their the possibility of something else going on? Again it's not totally slipping, but I am praying to God I do not need a rebuild.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have hard shifting sometime from P - D. My tranny has 220K on it and i dare not to give it a trans flush. The metal shavings in the pain i gurantee are what is helping my tranny not to slip.

But what i do, is i drain jsut the trans pan, it is about 2.5 qts or so and i refill it back up. Trust me my ATF is burnt :(

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts