Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I tried to look through the PDF file of the wiring for info on this but no help (amp Y/N).

So, does a 04/1995 V6 LE have an amp or is the HU running the show? This is most likely useless info but it does have the power ant option.

Anyway, I put a SuperTunner-III DEH-P4600MP in and it sounds allright but there was like an extra antenna wire (smaller than the HU hole) and then two larger plugins that are part of the dash harness and they are now connected two the STIII with the adapter harness leaving the original HU wire hangin.

It just seems weired how the factory deck only used the one rectangular black connector and the aftermarket stuff leaves two large connectors plus the black one just hangin in the dash! What up with that?

That is why I am asking about a factory amp?

Any insite is helpful - thanks

/randy

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
nope, sounds like you've only got hte headunit....if you had the premium sound package, then you'd find a small amp under your passenger seat

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Went Looking and found the Power

Yep - there is an AMP under the seat - says 4ohm speakers and a PN if it matters. Guess I got the lucky SN too #111111

Because the speakers work and have descent bass I would guess that the adapter from the new tuner is in fact giving LL out to the amp under the seat and all is OK!

Sweet for a daily driver.......

That means all future speaker updates are 4 ohm?

Do you know what tweeters are in the doors? They 4 ohm too?

Hey - FINAL Question: How much is that thing rated at? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts