Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't know me... you havent been around on TN too long... if you do, you'll know i am a lazy bastard... basically im up off my ass and getting this project together...

So the wiring harness is mostly done.. just have to relocate a couple wires for the GM IAT, Boost control Solenoid, and wire up the GM MAP to the toyota wiring, and im waiting on an EGT signal converter so the AEM can read from the autometer EGT probe..

The most recent things i've done have been to combine my 95 camry wires (IP1, IP3 Chassis to engine harness Connectors to Fuse Box) with the 91 3sgte engine wiring...

I split up the entire harness from the 5sfe, got the stuff i'd need. then split up the 3sgte engine wiring harness which i got from Justin's Wraith, and would have worked if my car was a 92-93, and got basically went from fuse box to ecu and split off the stuff i didnt need and added the stuff i do need...
Today I put the chassis ecu harness jumper on there too....

A few notes on the harness... I eliminated the fuel pump relay & resistor, and the a/c stuff... in retrospect, i could have kept the a/c stuff. it was my plan from the beginning to ditch it though, so oh well... too late now, everything is in. Due to the AEM computer, I ditched the stock AFM in favor of a GM MAP and IAT Sensor. Doing this harness was a dreaded process.. once i got into it though, it came together fine... for anyone attempting an engine swap without the ability to read wiring diagrams and use intuitive reasoning to make sense of everything, i recommend phoenixtuning.com. dr. tweak is the man for making wiring harnesses and doing swaps... If i didnt have the abilities i have, i'd be all over that.

SOOOO... basically the wiring is almost done. i have a few hoses to buy and hook up, have to do the gauges, finish up some audio wiring, and then fill er up with fluids and see what happens with the AEM... i'm fairly confident that everything will work well. I got a ton of experience from wiring up my old 1mz swap. Although that was 94 to 94, both usdm, a couple things were different... so i learned from that. this one is just WAY tougher..

check out my photobucket album in my signature for a bunch of my latest pics...

·
Registered
98' Camry
428 Posts
nice ride man :)

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
about time! :thumbup:

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
good to hear that your sticking with the project, good luck man!! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh gotta stick it out.. otherwise, it'd be a huge waste of money and time and sweat and blood and garage space...

sidenote... anyone got a 2 1/16 " boost gauge?? i have a bigger one, and it doesnt fit the pillar pod i have...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks incredible, I really hope to do a 3-SGTE swap as well. Thanks for the link for the wiring harness guy, I will almost definitely have to use his resources. <.<

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
nice, man. i coulda sworn you started working on this back when i joined :lol:

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
yeh gotta stick it out.. otherwise, it'd be a huge waste of money and time and sweat and blood and garage space...
Dammit Zoni ... that hurts bro ... I hope and wish you good luck on your motor swap. Get that thing up and running and making some power... Keep me updated, I'll be lurking around as always

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Camry LE
651 Posts
Wow, so much work involved.
I admire the heart.

has anyone else here HEARTILY attempt the 3SGTE swap and/or completed it?

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Camry LE
651 Posts
i heard about a gen 2 swap down under in austrailia.
I never knew on the gen 3's.
Thanks!

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice, man. i coulda sworn you started working on this back when i joined :lol:
I did... hehe... like i said, im a lazy bastard... still not much more done.. gotta do a little more work on the harness, and get gauges up... then im ready to get rockin with a startup.
Wraith said:
Dammit Zoni ... that hurts bro ... I hope and wish you good luck on your motor swap. Get that thing up and running and making some power... Keep me updated, I'll be lurking around as always
yeah... the update for you is that i wish i knew you had a 92-93 chassis... cause i needed to make a different harness and couldnt use yours for my project.

guys, thanks for the kind words... it keeps me rockin knowing that my struggle and my will is shared by others.

there have been maybe 4 other 3sgte 3rd gen's... swegyptian, wraith, allen, some dude in florida i think, and i think thats all i know of.

its pretty tough... i am doing everything myself too.. from sound system to welding/fabrication to complex wiring. dont get into a swap unless you know what you are getting into.. even with my skills in being able to do the work, it is tough because it is a lot of time to put into it.. and it is my first time through this process... if you want to get it done right, fast, and reliable... visit phoenixtuning and talk with josh, aka dr. tweak. i wish i could get him to help me out with the finishing touches, but im kinda far away and almost done anyway...

SOOOO... ill try and keep updating as i go... my best friend has the 5th through 11th off from work, so he will help me keep focused... and not wasting my time smoking....... hehe... soon you will see me at a toyota meet with a 3sgte beast.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That is awesome man. I am jealous for sure. I have about 8-9g saves for whatever I am about to do car wise, something to my gen3 or buy something newer.

I might have to call the guy you mentioned and throw some numbers around. Best of luck.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
dude didn't you have the green coupe with the hood scoop?
and honestly i didn't look at this thread before cause i haven't seen anyting from you in a long time.

the swap looks clean and the fmic looks great tucked behing that bumper.

also i have a standard boost gauge if you want it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts