Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's me again, 95 camry got timing on the money but car is very hard to start when cold any thoughts? I've checked the distributor coil, TPS, IAC etc.all checks good by the book. I have noticed that it still to start a little betterif I jump the fuel pump and try to start.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
If the car turns over at normal speed when cold and otherwise runs well when warm, I would also check the engine coolant temperature sensor for being out of range. It may be telling the car's computer the engine is warm, when it is cold. To do this you will need a digital volt/ohmeter and the specs from any manual. If you do not have manual you can download one for free at the top of the Camry forum over at AutomotiveForums.com. Download the generation 3 manual. Here's the link:

http://www.turboninjas.com/camry/

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Mike this helps. By the way do you know of any sites for GM manuals? Got a friend with GM troubles..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taylor63,

Sorry, I can't help with the GM manuals.

Mike
Mike, My car will not start, cold or hot IF it does happen to start it seems to run fine and then it will just cut off / stop running. And it may try to start it hits but will not run. I check the fire when this happens and it has fire, and i can smell fuel. Could it be losing fire? The distributor coil checks by the book but it has a big crack in the resin. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's running yea!!!

OK ,Guys I've Found the problem..Thank GOD. It had fire but not enought to fire under pressure I Replaced the Distributor Coil and SHE Fired right up and Drove Fine. Wish Me Luck, I NEED it. THANKS to ALL for the Input and Help...Richard Taylor..

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Mr.Taylor,I deleted your other thread and merged it to this one. Try not to have two threads going on the same subject.:cool:

Congratulations on finding the solution to you problem.:thumbsup:

:welcome: to ToyotaNation:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts