Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine Performance problem
1995 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

Hi! I have a 95 toyota camry and a guy put an used engine for me and Im sure he has some hoses backwords. One hose from the Map sensor is off and dont know where it should be and the car has a low idle . and if i puch the gas pedal heavy black smoke comes out of the tailepipe and i spent alot of money on fuel now and as you can see on the pictures, the hose that come from the Map sensor is off and i have no idea where it should go and also when i take that hose off in the pictuer number 3 the car idles normale and when i put it back the car seems like it wants to shut off. Do you think that could be the problem??? please help and if anybody can send me some pictures of where those hoses go I would really appreciat it.

Thanks

this hose from Map sonsor been disconnected for a month:disappoin

When i take this hoes off he idle becomes normal and when i put it back it stalls and the other hoes is for the brake booster.

and i dont have any idea whats this for.:facepalm:

Please be free to ask any questions .

Thanks

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
that last picture is a Vacuume Switching Valve for the EGR. I see on that last picture you have also plugged a vacuum line with a screw too. Doesnt your camry have a Vacuume routing diagram??

heres some pictures I took in the dark . lol sorry,

you definately have to move a couple of those lines. i will take better pictures when it is light outside, unless someone has better pictures already..

also, my vacuume lines are probably longer than most people's because I changed out bad vaccume lines with ones off of a spare motor and some ended up being longer

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,091 Posts
disconnected MAP will cause very low idle. get it connected as Mr Perkins suggests, he seems to have same engine as you (mine is gen4 5sfe, different hoses on the head).

you should get all hoses connected as vacuum routing diagram shows, otherwise expect strange things.

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
disconnected MAP will cause very low idle. get it connected as Mr Perkins suggests, he seems to have same engine as you (mine is gen4 5sfe, different hoses on the head).

you should get all hoses connected as vacuum routing diagram shows, otherwise expect strange things.

lol . See on my camry when i put the motor in, I was really confused because it was doing the same exact thing... It ended up being broken wires to the mapsensor :headbang: Took almost 2 days to figure that one out. So if your car gets connected up correctly and still runs really rough, make sure to check your wiring to your map sensor:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for you effort guys i really appreciate it and Im sure the hoses are backwards on my intake manifold and I'll try to put them in the correct way and i'll let you know the result.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'' that last picture is a Vacuume Switching Valve for the EGR. I see on that last picture you have also plugged a vacuum line with a screw too. Doesnt your camry have a Vacuume routing diagram??"

I dont have no idea why that hoes is plugged Man Lol. and i think with some better pictures that would be so easy for me to figure it out .

Thanks again so much

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi!
I tried to do the same thiong that you draw for me last time and i got confused and also the Vacuume diagram that you sent me is it for 95 camry ? I thik i have extra hoes or somthing but Anyhow i would really like if you could take a small video showing where those hoes goes Please. i would really appreciate that I f possible.

Thanks alot again

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
the most pain in the butt vacuum line is the one that is on the under-side of the intake manifold. As you can see from the picture below. There is actually 2 vacuum lines on this switch. I can almost guarantee this is where your problem is at as far as vacuum routing goes. ( pic was borrowed from fenixus's F/S Thread )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will be availabale tomorrow morning if you wanna post a video and pictuers and i will try to start trying again to make every works before i get crazy. lol

Thank you so much sir

·
The Tri-Camry Family
2001 Toyota Camry
1,175 Posts
I tried my best to work with the wiring diagram but my 01 5S-fe has fewer hoses :D.

This is was I think the hoses should go. The arrow show to move that one hose. The PCV scared me for a second :ugh3: but in the other pictures I saw, it was installed.

Reactions: cranksonsor

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
I tried my best to work with the wiring diagram but my 01 5S-fe has fewer hoses :D.

This is was I think the hoses should go. The arrow show to move that one hose. The PCV scared me for a second :ugh3: but in the other pictures I saw, it was installed.
That plugged port on the intake manifold is supposed to stay plugged. It goes to nothing.... :thumbsup: I was about to take some pictures, I ran into a project I had to do, but you got a pic of the VSV and where it is so he should be good. That Red arrow is where i think your vacuum is messed up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol . my attempt of explaining it. I will take some pictures now.... :D

Thank you so much Man :D, I did what you told me and it works really good now and all im gonna say is that you are a life saver dude :thumbsup:. I really appreciate your time and your effort .

Thank you again :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts