Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My first post here, and hope someone can help
I just acquired a 95 Camry LE with 91,000 miles.
The A/C has been working fine all summer. However, 2 days ago, the 2 front center vents stopped blowing air. The left and right side vents blow just fine. If I move the vent control knob to blow to the floor, this works just fine also. When I move the vent knob to either front blowing or defrost, I hear a clunk under the dash, behind the radio, and I can hear that the air is blocked somewhere inside the dash. It is not blowing at the floor, nor at the windshield. Only the 2 side vents will blow air.
Is this an easy fix?
I am thinking that the doors that move behind the dash to change the flow locations are blocked or something.
The vacuum must be OK since it will change to floor only blowing.
I hear the vent doors moving, but then it makes this "clunk" sound, like it hit something.

Thanks for any help
Steve

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,601 Posts
Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a borescope, especially since HF has one for $100.:D

I'm a toolaholic.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
I certainly agree with you there. I believe this becasue the side vents are working, but not the center. I would check any cables and linkage before I went out and bought any parts.

Hi all
My first post here, and hope someone can help
I just acquired a 95 Camry LE with 91,000 miles.
The A/C has been working fine all summer. However, 2 days ago, the 2 front center vents stopped blowing air. The left and right side vents blow just fine. If I move the vent control knob to blow to the floor, this works just fine also. When I move the vent knob to either front blowing or defrost, I hear a clunk under the dash, behind the radio, and I can hear that the air is blocked somewhere inside the dash. It is not blowing at the floor, nor at the windshield. Only the 2 side vents will blow air.
Is this an easy fix?
I am thinking that the doors that move behind the dash to change the flow locations are blocked or something.
The vacuum must be OK since it will change to floor only blowing.
I hear the vent doors moving, but then it makes this "clunk" sound, like it hit something.

Thanks for any help
Steve

·
Registered
1995 Camry LE Wagon
5,138 Posts
You'll need a manual to show you how to access the blend door controls and linkage behind the dash controls. That's the only way you can figure out what needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
Can you point me to a link so I can purchase the proper manual(s)?
Much appreciated.

BTW. I called a local Toyota dealer here in town and described the problem the the SM and he immediately told me "Its not worth fixing" He said it would cost $1500-1700 due to long labor and expensive part.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
:bump:

Similar issue. '95 Camry LE 5s-fe. The vents stay in the foot only position regardless of where the knob is turned. No noises from the dash. Dead servo? Where do I start looking?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts