Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am buying a 95 celica gt. i was wandering if you guys could help or point me in the right direction. i wanna turbo it and do some other mods to it im new to all this stuffits purpose is for home to work and some play time inbetween i only drive 9 miles to work everyday and want to fix it up for a night on the town draggin and what not can you plz help me
ps i belive it has the 5s-fe motor on what should i do to it if i can do anything to it plz e-mail me

·
Registered
446 Posts
Best bets on turboing the car would be to either swap the motor to a 3sgte, or swap the head and accessories from a 3sgte. You can always just sort out parts from a 3sgte and use that to turbo the 5sfe too. Thats usually the cheapest route to take.

You might want to do a search on it and learn as much as you can first though.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Find an All Trac!!! That probably wont happen.... just boost the 5sfe. 3sgte swap in one of those w/o the awd .... i just couldn't see it being the same.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with turboing a 5sfe. Sure, it might not have the potential of a 3sgte, but its very capable of producing plenty of power. Also, its always easy to just tell someone to find an alltrac, but maybe he just likes the body style of a 6th generation better. What he has is what he has. Its best to just inform him of what options he can do to his car, rather than telling him to just buy a different car. Plenty of people have done the 3sgte swap into a fwd celica. Sure, you won't get the awd from an alltrac, but you'll still get one hell of a ride. Not to mention, better top end speed.

·
Registered
celica
18 Posts
hey tobrog if i were you i would turbo the 5sfe its got a lot of potential. go out and buy a mr2/celica all track exsuast manifold with a ct-26 turb0 and downpipe,do custom fmic and exsuast,map senser etc. if you want more information on this type of swap or a 3sgte register in 6gc.net. you will find a lot of great information on what your lookin for and lots of people that alreayd did this swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts