Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok soo ive had some probs with my dash but it wasnt anything that i could put off for a while.. i.e. my gas guage doesnt work but the gas light does.. the trip doesnt work but the odom does.. and my tach works as well.. however my speedometer is starting to act up.. it wont read any speed under 30mph.. once i hit 35 it picks right back up tho.. just wonderin if there was any easy fix to this or if i gotta down my car for a little and rip apart the whole dash and replace it.. i do kno that the guy who owned it before me has a bunch of wires behind the dash that dont connect to anything so im not sure if he had mods that he disconnected or what.. :headbang: so if any of yall could throw some ideas thatd be great.. thanks

·
Registered
95 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive seen it is cheap but ive been told its a pain to rip apart the dash to replace it.. do you know where i could find an assembly diagram.. im not sure that i saw one in my manual.. and i worries me bout all those un attached wires behind the dash.. because im not sure what they go to

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
11,406 Posts
The DIYs are floating around... but it really is easy.

1. Lower steering wheel if you want
  2. Undo the 2 screws on top of the trim piece
  3. Yank out the trim piece
  4. Undo the 4 screws holding in the cluster
  5. Pull it out, and reach behind and unclip the 3 connectors
  6. Put the 3 connectors in your new cluster and put it all back together.
Super easy!:D

·
Registered
95 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i looked behind my dash already n theres loose wires from whatever the other guy did.. so thats why it worried me so much.. cause i have no clue what theyre supposed to go to.. like theres a few tiny white wires that lead to a little plastic blue box n then come out of the box but go to nothin.. they look like theyre cut.. i think the dude just didnt kno what he was doin.. like i also have a flip screen stereo n he has so many extra red n white aux wires behind it that are loose but only 2 of them have the best connection for sound.. i just wish i was better with wiring so i would kno what i could pull out thats useless ya kno

·
Registered
95 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for most of it yea i think it would be for the stereo but like i said that lil blue plastic bix comes from one of the tachs but doesnt go to anythin.. thinkin that if i replace it and just pull all the loose wires out that i wouldnt have anythin loose.. it would all hook to what it belongs to.. right??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.