Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Acura Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering a 1995 Tacoma regular cab 4WD truck and need some info. The truck is a 4-cylinder, with automatic transmission. What trouble spots should I look for (if any) with this truck? Do they also require timing belt replacements? They are asking too much (I think) for the truck - ($6995), but my aunts cousin owns the dealership, so I may can get it cheaper. It is a new car dealership- which is why it is priced a little steep. Thanks for any advice.

I am also considering a 1994-1997 T-100 truck. Any info on those also appreciated.

·
Registered
1992 Acura Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hmm. Must not be popular trucks.

Anyway- I think this is too steep for this truck. However, there is another local 2000 Tacoma 4x4, with automatic and A/C for $7995. Any known trouble spots on these?

Also too, I have found a local 1992 Toyota SR5 4WD extended cab truck- loaded to the maximum. It has power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, automatic, A/C, alloy wheels, 6-cylinder engine, etc. for $5500 obo. Seems steep to me, but not sure. It has 105K actual miles and it is in MINT condition.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stay away from the v-6 engines made before mid 97, there are headgasket problems. There was a recall, even the one's that got changed are often defective because they used the same type of gasket.

·
Registered
'95 Tacoma 4WD
50 Posts
Got for a Taco

93 Camry -

I have a 1995 (new body style) and love it - true, I've only owned it for about 6 months now, but one of my best buds owned it since new and he never had any problems with it. In the 6 months that I've had it I've only done routine maintenance or things that I wanted to do with it (ie upgrades). I will also echo the words of ugabulldog, the V6 has problems - mine is the I4, and for me it has plenty of pep and power - but I don't trailer anything often either.

As for the price, I got mine for a steal from my friend, but the one you described (the 95) is way too much, even if it is in prefect condition. The 2000 doesn't sound too bad, but the lower price makes me question how it ws treated/what's wrong...

If you've got any other specific questions about the '95, let me know -

Toyjunkie

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/709818

1 - 4 of 4 Posts