Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while driving home for lunch my Check Engine Light came on. The car itself has been driving as it usually does, no noticable changes. No weird smells, or emissions that are visible. I had the oil changed about 2 weeks ago, checked the oil etc... looks fine to me. The only things I can think of is the coolant is a little low which I am going to fill today, and also my car does a shudder when I engage the clutch in first gear. I sometimes feel it slip a little when I shift to second, however this is normally only when the engine is cold. Once it is warmed up it doesn't happen in second and occasionally happens in first. However, since the engine light came on it seems like it is happing a little more frequently. I am taking my car into the shop tomorrow however I was hoping there was something you guys might suggest to check before I take it in. I am wondering if I might be low on other fluids like transmission fluid etc???

Any help would be appreciatted!

Thanks,

--Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Autozone rents them out, then when your done they give you your 199$ back. i think the time limit is 1 week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure the gas cap is tight. You may need a new gas cap. If the cap is not tight it will cause vaccum problems with the fuel system. Has happened to me with several cars. Once you tighten the cap you can reset the check engine light by pulling the fuse, wait a few seconds, and replacing it. If the light comes back on its something else.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
:eek:)

Talk about raising the dead. This thread was stopped from Oct 2004.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts