Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I bought a 95 toyota tercel with 194k miles on it a week ago and the check engine light came on today. I checked the code and it is p0130 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. I was wondering if anyone has a link to a service manual for my car. I've tried the free autozone one that's linked in many threads on the forum with no luck. I'm guessing it doesnt exist anymore. thanks in advance

·
0 Posts
You should replace the O2 sensor for that particular code. Unless you have another code along with it, the sensor is most likely your problem. Bank 1 sensor 1 is the O2 sensor in your exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand where it is and what it is, but that doesnt help me with the service manual situation. I want to test the part before I replace it and service manuals will usually have resistance tests specs that you can do on these sort of sensors. It could be the sensor or excessive resistance in the nearby lines. I'm not interested in throwing parts at my car when I can trouble shoot the problem a little more and figgure out what is causing my problems

·
Got a FC3S!
92 Paseo/90 RX7
1,455 Posts
To check properly you will need a Toyota (or equivalant) tester to look at the output voltage in various conditions. The manual doesn't describe how to do the test any other way using a VOM or DMM. Only Bank 1 Sensor 2 has a resistance test listed in the manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts