Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 tacoma 2.4L 4cyl MT, that stalls after warm up, run ok on the highiway but at red light it stall, sometime it want start after stalling.

1. replace spark plug, plug wires,distributer cap, rotor, air filter, pvc valve - no change
2. clean throttle body and EGR valve. - no change
3. replace the temp Switch. - no change
4. replace idle air control. - no change
5. replace battery - no change
6. replace fuel filter - no change

In the past, when I clean the throttle body it ran great for week, not anymore so I replace the idle air control valve it cost $235.00 also clean the throttle body
before putting on the new oem IAC from toyota, I thought this would fix it no change
at all.

HELP!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 96 tacoma 2.4L 4cyl MT, that stalls after warm up, run ok on the highiway but at red light it stall, sometime it want start after stalling.

1. replace spark plug, plug wires,distributer cap, rotor, air filter, pvc valve - no change
2. clean throttle body and EGR valve. - no change
3. replace the temp Switch. - no change
4. replace idle air control. - no change
5. replace battery - no change
6. replace fuel filter - no change

In the past, when I clean the throttle body it ran great for week, not anymore so I replace the idle air control valve it cost $235.00 also clean the throttle body
before putting on the new oem IAC from toyota, I thought this would fix it no change
at all.

HELP!!!!
Wrong section since this is the 05-09, but I had this problem with my old 91 civic. Turned out to be the distributor shaft and it took the mechanics forever to figure it out. Come to think of it, I had the same thing happen on my 94 22RE pickup too, turned out to be the distributor shaft.

·
ASE Master Tech
08 Taco 4x4
193 Posts
The 96 has a dizzy too, while not a common problem it could be a bad ignitor but again not common with those symptoms. Maybe its time to goto a mechanic cause this replace parts at random is costing more than taking it to a mechanic in the first place would have.

·
OLD SCHOOL
2003 Tacoma pre-run
668 Posts
clean the MAF with electronic parts cleaner and if that does not fix all of it check the coolant level and the temp sender .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts