Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so I just got a wild deal on a 1996 Tercel SD 4 speed. It has 83,000 KM's on the original engine. Anyways, I'm looking for a aftermarket air intake Ive shopped around online and haven't found a single site with an intake that fits a Tercel. So does anyone have an idea of what brand of intake I can find to fit my car. Thanks!

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Tercel
6 Posts
Hello everyone, so I just got a wild deal on a 1996 Tercel SD 4 speed. It has 83,000 KM's on the original engine. Anyways, I'm looking for a aftermarket air intake Ive shopped around online and haven't found a single site with an intake that fits a Tercel. So does anyone have an idea of what brand of intake I can find to fit my car. Thanks!
If you're situated in the GTA, I know of some places to get cone air filters. It's not exactly a brand name, but it does the job and fits perfectly. My Tercel sounds a lot more aggressive because of it.

As you can see, the only problem is the (Oxygen Sensor?) that I taped onto the entrance of the cone. If it doesn't measure enough oxygen, then the engine light will go on, but it runs perfectly fine. After a while, the light will be off.

There's a Flea Market at Warden and Eglinton, the store that sells it is called TooFast Motors.
Another branch of theirs is at Warden and O'Connor, same store name, but more parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, thank you for your reply. I've actually got a short ram air intake I bought off Ebay that I could modify, it would look just like yours. I was hoping K&N or Weapon-R had a kit specially made for Tercel's but It doesnt look that way.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Tercel
34 Posts

I rigged up a short ram with some stuff I found at crappy tire. I used a street 90 abs pipe, and a coupler to join the filter to the existing intake hose. I drilled into the pipe to put in the MAF. I then siliconed a fitting into the side for the crankcase vent (i think that's what it is :confused:) then silliconed 'er all together.. cost me about 40$ CAN total to do it. I left the existing part of the airbox intact to help draw in cooler air.. I might actually make a heatshield. I think I'm actually getting some better fuel economy out of it.. I'll let you know if i am, once I need to fill up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.