Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did u guys get your replacements from???

i need to get a set for my car in the next few weeks..

links apreciated along with pricing..:D

·
Registered
98 Camry
55 Posts
These are oem parts at great prices. To be sure they send you the correct part for your car
give them your vin number before you complete the checkout.

http://www.toyotawholesaleparts.com/parts.html

STRUT MOUNT, Avalon, Right - CAMRY, COROLLA, AVALON97-04 $71.05 $51.25 STRUT MOUNT, Avalon, Left - CAMRY, COROLLA, AVALON97-04 $71.05 $51.25 STRUT MOUNT, Camry, Right - CAMRY, COROLLA, AVALON97-98 $71.05 $51.25 STRUT MOUNT, Camry, Left - CAMRY, COROLLA, AVALON97-98 $71.05 $51.25 STRUT MOUNT, Corolla - CAMRY, COROLLA, AVALON98-02 $80.54 $58.10

·
Registered
226 Posts
Probably a stupid question but to change just the strut mount, do you have to disassemble the whole strut assembly ( compress the spring etc)? My strut mounts are going bad and the struts were replaced by the previous owner and he did not replace the strut mounts.. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes. This is because the struts are bolt on to the strut mounts. So, you basically have to take out the strut assembly, compress spring, take out strut mount and then replace strut mount.

·
Registered
2002 4Runner
152 Posts
I bought the whole assembly put together ready to go in the car for 160/side for the monroe. Being as how the mount is $120 and the strut is $90, I saved myself a good chunk of change and it only took me 1.5 hrs to do both the front struts. They rode stiff at first because you do get new springs and everything but now they are awesome and ride well just like the car did new. Monroe sensitrac are good struts (Tokiko and KYB are also, but don't make the full assembly ready to go in the car) and have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Going to use the Monroe full spring,mount,strut kit changeover on the rears this spring. Was waiting for someone that had some experience with these relatively new parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts