Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Camry runs rough when hot and in any gear. No issues when in park. Recent Tune-Up with new PCV. I cleaned the Throttle Body, still same issue. If I accelerate very slow it will run smoother, but the people behind me HATE ME!!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,850 Posts
Is yer check engine light on? ;)

What kind of tune up? How recent (miles or months)? What was replaced? What was cleaned?

Did you put any sort of computer diagnostics on it? AutoTap DIY Express is going fer $50 these days...you might want to consider purchasing it to determine yer problem. ;)

What else have you checked? Coil packs? Engine coolant temp (ECT) sensor? Throttle position sensor (TPS)? Did you pull the spark plugs and check their condition? Snap some piccies of the business end and post them so we can see what they look like. ;)

Does it run rough when the engine is cold? ;)

Was any other maintenance performed prior to this condition? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the engine light is on.

The tune up last Sept. included Plugs, Wires & PCV.

Did not have it tested yet, but going to go to AutoZone.

Checked for Vacume leaks, looked at the plugs and wires, they are fine.

There was no prior work performed b-4 this started to happen.

Runs like normal COLD.:headbang:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just replaced my plugs and wires and reset the service engine light. The car ran better. The old plugs and wires were ONLY 6 mths. old. I was driving it today and the SERVICE ENGINE light came back on and the car again hesitates (runs rough) when I accelerate. Again, only when HOT.
The car runs GREAT when COLD!!! Does anyone have ANY other IDEALS!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Administrator
14,394 Posts
I just replaced my plugs and wires and reset the service engine light. The car ran better. The old plugs and wires were ONLY 6 mths. old. I was driving it today and the SERVICE ENGINE light came back on and the car again hesitates (runs rough) when I accelerate. Again, only when HOT.
The car runs GREAT when COLD!!! Does anyone have ANY other IDEALS!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Get the codes read and report back with them. Stop throwing parts at it trying to guess what's wrong. That can get expensive in a hurry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.