Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i'd like to say i'm new to this site and so glad a forum exists like this. i've got two questions, pardon my ignorance.

i'm attempting to install an aftermarket CD player in my 1997 4Runner Limited. I can't seem to find the correct wiring harness to use. My truck came with the factory CD/tape/radio combo and only has one male wiring plug going into the back of the deck, however every store/advice line i.e. Crutchfield/etc that i have asked tells me that the correct harness is this two piece deal that i found does NOT fit my factory wiring plug.

Therefore my questions are does anyone know the correct wiring harness for my specific situation AND does anyone know the factory wiring diagram to tell what's what coming out of the truck so that if there isn't in fact a correct harness for my factory deck...i could cut the wires and hook up the aftermarket system that way.

thank you for your time.

Britt Martin

·
Registered
Highlander
1,720 Posts
Ok, once you take the radio out, the OEM amp is just underneath it, you'll see it's a pretty small rectangular metal box with some heatsinks. Remove that, and you will see the mating 2-plug harness on one side of the amp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.