Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can go at most about 40 mph. It drives normal in regular rain or dry weather. Timing belt changed 30K ago. Is this likely electronic problem? If yes, what exactly?

Thanks

·
Banned
224 Posts
did you (or someone) leave the right-side splash guard off the car? that would result in soaking the crankshaft sensor... which is not good for the ignition! i found that on a mazda, not a toyota, but i'm sure it will do the same thing. also, if your crankshaft sensor is cracked (or the coil is loose on the core) the rain will get inside, kinda almost shorting it out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you (or someone) leave the right-side splash guard off the car? that would result in soaking the crankshaft sensor... which is not good for the ignition! i found that on a mazda, not a toyota, but i'm sure it will do the same thing. also, if your crankshaft sensor is cracked (or the coil is loose on the core) the rain will get inside, kinda almost shorting it out.
I will bring the car to a mechanic, together with your opinion. thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, you most definitely have an unsound electrical connection somewhere that is exposed. This can be a pain to track down sometimes, but hopefully yours didn't turn into a huge mystery. If it starts to run that poorly it probably will be one of the main sensors. What was the verdict (assuming you took it to the mechanic)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts