Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
i ordered mine on ebay- drilled rotors are not pointless if you get the same size rotor... the drills add a lot of venting to the rotor and do help with heat dissapation... just ask my rims!

as far as slotted rotors- unless you got extra $$$ and go to the track a bunch- i would steer clear- as they do eat up your brake pads quicker, that is why i opted for some brembos, w/ free cadmium plating off of ebay from a company- also got some pbr metal master pads- all shipped to me for about $315

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
yes they vent heat but usually no one will heat their rotors up enough, continuously to take advantage of it, especially in a cam. it doesn't increase brake torque or shorten stopping distances, but ultimately are used to increase surface area for a larger cooling radius.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
ya know, the arguments on slotted or drilled rotors will go on forever as we have discs.
My personal choice is drilled. I ride a lot of bikes and one obvious difference is in the wet, discs with holes seem to clear wet discs faster. Cannot vouch for cars, but I know the diff on bikes.
The other reason is they expose more surface area allowing faster cool downs. Sure I give a little surface area up, but cooling on long downhills I appreciate. Fractures I have not seen, and since stocks seem prone to warpage..I know what I am going to order for my ride.
AnD to be honest - they look so cool.
Have not really had slotted long enough to be as certain but Brembo has a set that are both drilled and slotted. Seems slots vent better and dissapate gas buildup between rotors and pads.
But you all knew that right??:) '
Here in OR, we drive downhill as well as uphill, cooler brakes please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.