Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Woo Hoo!!
97 Toyota Camry LE
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I have a 97 Toyota Camry LE I4. It has the RS3000 security system.
Now I only have 1 remote for the car. I want to get another one for my brother. FCC ID # BAB237131-022 and CAN: 2024 101 526. Remote’s color is black.

I searched on eBay for a replacement remote and I found black and grey remotes with the same FCC ID. But this seller who is selling a grey color remote says that although the FCC ID matches, the grey remote will not work with the system with a black remote! Is that true?

Here is a link for the remote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=380001990545&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=025

IMPORTANT: This remote is GRAY in color. It looks the same, has the same FCC number as black remote but they are not compatible on the Camry and Corolla. Make sure your car has keyless entry and your original remote is GRAY.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Camry CE
5 Posts
i don't know much about the remotes, but if the FCC IDs are the same i don't know why they wouldn't be compatible, especially simply because of the color. i would think it would have more to do with the radio signals that would have to be programmed, or something like that.

i'm no expert. but that's my opinion. hope it helps somehow.

·
Woo Hoo!!
97 Toyota Camry LE
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Thanks. I'll just get the black remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts