Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. Im tryng to find the issue I'm having with my camry. Its a 4cyl, 240k+ miles, auto.

So the issue I,m having is my check engine light blinks for about a minute and then it'll just have the check engine light on without any blinks.

My cousin suggested it's prolly blinking because there is no oil but we checked and there is plenty of oil.

Any feedback would help greatly. Thanx:smile:

·
Registered
97 Camry LE
192 Posts
generally AFAIK the check engine light blinks due to a misfire condition. as in, its missing. is it running rough? should make your way down to a parts store and have the code read. if it needs plugs, go with the OEM ngks.

and LMAO on it being out of oil. good one.

when your red oil light blinks at you... thats when its out of oil.

·
Registered
2016 Rav4
5,764 Posts
how long have you had the car? more than 5,000 miles? if so, you should have seen this before unless you took it in to have the oil changed before that time before. anyway, change your oil and filter and then search the manual for the maint light reset, which comes on every 5k miles or so to let you know it's time for maintenance..are you sure its the check engine light and not the maintenance light? might want to dig into your owners manual in the glove box a bit to be sure what all the lights/functions/features on your car do/does..
tony

G

·
Hello every one. Im tryng to find the issue I'm having with my camry. Its a 4cyl, 240k+ miles, auto.

So the issue I,m having is my check engine light blinks for about a minute and then it'll just have the check engine light on without any blinks.

My cousin suggested it's prolly blinking because there is no oil but we checked and there is plenty of oil.

Any feedback would help greatly. Thanx:smile:
Considering your mileage probably have a dead or dying ignition coil causing the problem. Flashing CEL does mean misfire condition is present. Post up the codes when you get them. Lol at the no oil diagnosis. We occasionally get teh smart person that says "There's a red oil light flashing at me. Must be a reminder that I need an oil change." :rofl:

·
Registered
1997 Camry 2.2l
68 Posts
anyway, change your oil and filter and then search the manual for the maint light reset, which comes on every 5k miles or so to let you know it's time for maintenance..are you sure its the check engine light and not the maintenance light? might want to dig into your owners manual in the glove box a bit to be sure what all the lights/functions/features on your car do/does..
tony
Nothing like that on my '97 LE 2.2l. The idiot lights only come in if there's a real problem. Certainly not to remind me of maintenance. Maybe the V6's have that.

·
399,035+and going strong
705 Posts
If your oil light comes on that means there is little to none oil pressure. Engine damage happens if it's ran without oil pressure.

I agree with misfire with a flashing engine light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.