Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is strange. My manual says that 1 Qt is suppposed to raise the level from the low to the high mark on the dipstick, but it toook closer to 2 to do it.
The car was on level ground. I can't believe it take more than 10 mins for the oil to drain down to the pan.. any info?

·
Proud 93 Corolla owner
Corolla 93
675 Posts
did you started the engine for a moment before checking new oil level??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just drove it for 10 mins. After coming out of the store 1/2 hr later, checked and the level is about 1/8" above full.

I've been watching the dipstick like a hawk for the last 2 months after having a leak repaired. It was a hair below add when I added the first quart. That bought the level 2/3 above the add line (did that yesterday and it read the same today). More than half of the second quart was required to bring it up to the full line.

The manual I was looking at an aftermarket so maybe its not accurate for my year/engine..

·
You asked for it...
392 Posts
The manual is correct. Most - shoot, I think all I've ever seen - autos have that one quart line.

However, the stick could have been replaced with the wrong one, or the stick could just be cut or marked wrong.

·
Official TN Toaster
2000 Celica GT-S
623 Posts
Interestingly enough, I've experienced the same thing with my 95 for some reason. Though to be honest, I've really only noticed it after topping the oil off on long trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts