Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Celica ST
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long time ago....

not really, but it was last year, a couple of months after i got my wonderful corolla, I started a thread about "fixin' up a 'rolla", where i asked about some performance mods. i was all excited about getting an engine swap back then, didn't really know what i was talking about, and so i thought i'd touch base on the subject again, now that i actually have done a couple engine swaps. What would be the ideal swap into a '97 DX? I have 7A-FE right now with a short ram intake and thats about it performance wise. I was thinking or getting one of those turbonator non-moving vortex generators, but figured i could put 60 or 70 bucks to better use. Soooo, opinions? suggestions? talk to me!:D

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Yea a supercharged conversion eould be loads of fun, but is quite hard to do, compared to a 4age conversion, What do you want out of the car?

4agze would provide the best base for future mods ie. turbo (but can be very expensive)
but a 20valve would also be a heap of fun an is reasonably easy to do

Do a search around the web and read up on what other people have done.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
punter said:
Yea a supercharged conversion eould be loads of fun, but is quite hard to do, compared to a 4age conversion, What do you want out of the car?

4agze would provide the best base for future mods ie. turbo (but can be very expensive)
but a 20valve would also be a heap of fun an is reasonably easy to do

Do a search around the web and read up on what other people have done.
a 4agze is just as easy/difficult as a 20V

·
The Mad Scientist
Lexus GS300
849 Posts
toyotaspeed90 said:
a 4agze is just as easy/difficult as a 20V
Yeah, except the intercooler (hood scoop or front mount), and the tranny issue.

Scubbs, that's cool. But you better let me know quick, I'm booked through May right now :)

-Doc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts